EASTER HOLIDAYS AT THE MERL
COME AND VISIT THE NEW GALLERIES, ENJOY TRAILS AND HAVE A GO AT OBJECT HANDLING
VISIT THE MUSEUM DURING THE HOLIDAYS FOR TRAILS, OBJECT HANDLING AND ACTIVITIES
- Visit the new galleries during your holidays and discover the exciting new displays and interactive games
- Try out our free Rat and Rodent Trail
- Have a go at our free Easter Garden Trail and win a small prize!
- Get your hands on real museum objects with our Object Handling volunteers (subject to volunteer availability)
- Free Easter and ladybird themed Make and Take activities*
- Have a go at making a brass rubbing of the farming cycle*
- Try on our new costumes, inspired by The MERL’s farming and countryside photographic collections*
- Discover the Shepherd’s Hut in the garden, full of beautiful knitted decorations and animals to play with, all created by the Mewes Knitters
- Play with our new games and toys, including a fabulous model farm in the welcome area
- Play on the new wooden tractor in the garden
* These activities might not be available due to availability of The Learning Studio
Easter Opening Times
Please check our Opening Times page for details of when we are open this Easter
Enjoy a selection of drinks and snacks from our cafe. Sandwiches and snacks will be available throughout the holidays.
You are welcome to bring a picnic to enjoy in the garden. Picnic benches are available or bring a picnic mat and sit on the lovely, big lawn!
Please note that the museum’s car park can fill up quickly at busy times. Parking is also available in the University car park on Acacia Road, adjacent to the museum. Please collect a permit from reception on arrival.
We encourage visitors to use public transport wherever possible. Please visit our Getting Here page for details.