Visit us and you will receive a warm welcome at the Museum of English Rural Life, with fascinating galleries, a beautiful garden and a thoughtfully-stocked shop and cafe.
On 19 October 2016 we reopened following an major redevelopment project, Our Country Lives, funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund. Our ten new galleries include one purpose-built to house our very special Festival of Britain wall-hanging.
You can also:
- relax or work in The Nook, developed in partnership with students from the University of Reading
- explore our open access collections area
- make brass rubbings on our Farming Circle in our Education Studio, funded by the Earley Charity
- find that special something in our shop
- relax in our garden, featuring a shepherd’s hut, play-on tractor and community growing spaces
We look forward to welcoming you!