HALF TERM HOLIDAYS AT THE MERL
COME AND VISIT THE GALLERIES, ENJOY TRAILS AND HAVE A GO AT OBJECT HANDLING
VISIT THE MUSEUM DURING THE HOLIDAYS FOR TRAILS, OBJECT HANDLING AND ACTIVITIES
Visit the galleries during your holidays and discover the exciting displays and interactive games
- Try out our Rat and Rodent Trail
- Get your hands on real museum objects with our Object Handling volunteers
- Free Make and Take activities
- Have a go at making a brass rubbing of the farming cycle*
- Try on costumes inspired by The MERL’s farming and countryside photographic collections
- Play with our games and toys, including a fabulous model farm in the welcome area
- Discover the Shepherd’s Hut in the garden, full of beautiful knitted decorations and animals to play with, all created by the Mewes Knitters
- Have a go at the outdoor woodland brass rubbing trail
- Have fun on the fabulous wooden play-on tractor & wagon
*subject to availability of the Learning Studio
Enjoy a selection of hot and cold drinks, sandwiches and snacks from our cafe.
You are welcome to bring a picnic to enjoy in the garden. Picnic benches are available or bring a picnic mat and sit on the lovely, big lawn!
Please note that the museum’s car park can fill up quickly at busy times. Parking is also available in the University car park on Acacia Road, adjacent to the museum. Please collect a permit from reception on arrival if parking in Acacia Road car park.
We encourage visitors to use public transport wherever possible. Please visit our Getting Here page for details.
Little Ankle Biters Awards 2020
We’re a finalist in the Little Ankle Biters Awards 2020 for Berkshire in the Best Museum category.
Do you and your family love visiting the MERL? Is The MERL your favourite Museum in Berkshire for visiting with children?
Please vote for The MERL here! (Vote closes on Tues 18th February)