- This event has passed.
February half term at The MERL
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
VISIT THE MERL THIS FEBRUARY HALF TERM FOR FUN ACTIVITIES AND MORE
This half term, our events and activities are inspired by ‘Our Green Stories‘, a project exploring environmental issues through our collections. You can enjoy bookable and drop-in workshops, free trails, activities and crafts all on a theme of theme fast fashion and ‘reduce, reuse, recycle’.
- Book a space on Museums, My Way (a ‘recycling’ themed session for neurodivergent visitors of all ages)
- Book for one of our Object Exploration sessions on the theme of ‘repurposing,’ for aged 5+
- Enjoy a drop-in workshop and make your own Sunflower Amulet from old fabrics and clothing, for aged 5+ (£3)
As always, there are lots of other activities for families to do in the museum and garden throughout half term.
- Discover our Winter Family Activity Pack for aged 5+ (£4 per pack from the Gift Shop)
- Have a go at a variety of garden trails including our woodland brass rubbing trail
- Have fun on the fabulous wooden play-on tractor and wagon and meet the chicken in the garden
Enjoy a selection of hot and cold drinks, sandwiches and snacks from our café. You are also welcome to bring a picnic to enjoy in the garden.
Please note that the museum’s car park can fill up quickly at busy times. Parking is also available in the University car park on Acacia Road, adjacent to the museum. Please collect a permit from reception on arrival if parking in Acacia Road car park.
We encourage visitors to use public transport wherever possible. Please visit our Getting Here page for details.
Explore everything you can do this half term