LANDSCAPE OF PLAY: DESIGN FOR CHILDREN’S PLAY
Friends of the Landscape Library and Archive at Reading (FOLAR) Annual Symposium
This year’s Friends of the Landscape Library and Archive at Reading (FOLAR) Symposium deals with design of children’s play and considers its future. There will be opportunities for discussion with question time after each talk and a general conversation with the speakers at the end of the day.
- Carley Sefton, Chief Executive, Learning Through Landscapes Trust Learning through Landscapes: the first three decades
- Dr Luca Csepely-Knorr & Dr Amber Roberts, Manchester Metropolitan University on Michael Brown and his work with children
- Maisie Rowe on Adventure Playgrounds: Lady Allen of Hurtwood
- Helen Woolley University of Sheffield, on Playing the streets: past, present and future
- Andrée Davies, DW Landscape Architects Play for challenged children
Chair: Adam White, President, Landscape Institute.
Members and non members are welcome from 10am onwards, lunch is included and the afternoon seminar will run from 2-5pm. Duplicate books from the LI collection will be on sale.
FOLAR members £30 incl. lunch, non-members £40. incl. lunch