Open Spaces Project
We have now completed the Open Spaces Society project.
- The collection has been arranged and all cataloguing of the newly acquired material is now complete, including keywords for place names and key persons and institutions to enhance searchability. We now hold 2233 items in the Open Spaces Society Archive.
- All the rehousing which includes replacing all the folders to archival quality folders and placing all the items in archival boxes has been completed. A few items have undergone basic conservation.
- 4 oral history interviews have been undertaken and catalogued.
- An online exhibition and 2 blogs to promote the collection to researchers have been published.
- Dr. Katrina Navickas (University of Hertfordshire), has been appointed on an academic fellowship funded by the Open Spaces Society. Full details of the aims of the fellowship can be found here.