ArtsMark and Arts Award
The MERL is delighted to be an ArtsMark partner and supports Arts Award. Please contact a member of our learning team to discover more.
ArtsMark is the creative quality standard for schools and education settings, awarded by Arts Council England, recognising their commitment to high quality arts and cultural education.
In partnership with Reading Museum, we are part of the ArtsMark Partnership programme which is an endorsed network of arts and cultural organisations who can support education settings on their ArtsMark journey to embed arts and culture across the curriculum. The MERL is proud to be supporting schools and education settings on their Artsmark journey, inspiring children and young people to create, experience, and participate in great arts and culture.
We offer education settings who are working towards, or currently hold an ArtsMark Award, with the following opportunities:
- A range of learning sessions to take part in to meet the ArtsMark criteria
- Take advantage of our Continued Professional Development (CPD) opportunities for your staff
- Develop young people’s engagement through special projects that involve children and young people in planning and delivery
- Explore valuable potential Partnerships with us
- Work experience and opportunities to work alongside people from the culture sector.
Why not explore our online exhibition to explore a recent ArtsMark project.
Learn more about Artsmark at www.artsmark.org.uk.
To find out how The MERL can support your Artsmark journey, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Arts Award is a range of unique qualifications that supports anyone aged up to 25 to grow as artists and arts leaders, inspiring them to connect with and take part in the wider arts world through taking challenges in an art form – from fashion to digital art, pottery to poetry.
We offer opportunities at Discover, Explore, Bronze and Silver. Through Arts Award, young people get to:
- discover the enjoyment of creating and participating in arts activities
- experience arts events
- develop creative and communication skills that are essential for success in 21st century life
- explore the work of artists and craftspeople and gain insights into the professional arts world
- gain experience and knowledge to help progress into further education and employment.
The MERL is an Arts Award Supporter and can offer all kinds of opportunities to meet your goals. For example, you could:
- Research artists and makers through their work in our collections
- Attend an arts based workshop or performance at the museum
- Use our galleries and collections for inspiration
- Work with us on a longer term creative project.
Arts Award is highly accessible and The MERL has experience of delivering it for SEND groups.
Keep an eye on our What’s On for details of future Arts Award workshops forming part of our Arts and Heritage Holiday Club organised in collaboration with Jelly. Discover more about a recent Bronze Arts Award project here.