- This event has passed.
THE ART OF BEEFING IT UP
A ONE-DAY CONFERENCE ON HOW PAINTINGS AND PRINTS OF FARM LIVESTOCK ART FUNCTIONED DURING THE LATE-18TH AND EARLY-19TH CENTURIES
- 9.30 Registration and Coffee
- 9.45 Dr Ollie Douglas – Fat Beasts at the Museum of English Rural Life
- 10.00 Hilary Matthews – The Woburn Sheepshearing
- 10.45 Professor Lawrence Weaver – The Iconic Paintings of Thomas Weaver
- 11.30 Break for coffee
- 11.45 Visit to see relevant paintings, prints, artefacts and archives in the Museum
- 13.00 Break for buffet lunch
- 14.00 Alison Wright – Paul Potter on the Thames: Landscape and cattle painting in early-19th century Britain
- 14.45 Pat Stanley – The Bakewell Effect
- 15.30 Panel discussion chaired by Dr Jeremy Burchardt
- 16.00 Tea and departure
Cost includes buffet lunch and refreshments. Special dietary and access requirements can be indicated on the Eventbrite booking.