Rural History Bibliography
The Rural History Bibliography 2001 to 2019 is a selective list of journal and book articles relating to agrarian history. It is also published in Agricultural History Review.
The bibliography includes thousands of references to published material on agricultural and rural history, alongside countryside affairs. We are delighted to be able to offer this research resource to the public.
- The environment, landscape, settlement and agriculture
- Government and administration
- The economy and its development, communications and trade
- Industries of the countryside, agricultural engineering and the food industries
- Agricultural science
- Population, demography and social structure
- Rural society and social development
- Culture, customs, beliefs and religion
- Welfare, domestic economy, diet, health, housing, education and migration
- Buildings and architecture
- Politics, protest and the law