In the past our young people’s panel has been focused on undergraduate students. Our new Youth Panel is for students aged 14 – 18. We meet regularly during term time to work on a variety of exciting projects which are great for developing a range of transferable skills.
- help ensure the museums are relevant to young visitors
- gain behind-the-scenes museum experience working with museum professionals
- learn transferable skills
- have a fantastic project for your CV, UCAS or job application
- meet new people
Recent projects include:
- Designing ‘The Nook’, the new social learning space as part of the Our Country Lives redevelopment project. Students worked with museum staff and designers to create a new, relaxing space where students and the public are welcome to study, relax and reflect.
- Our Panel have organised two successful Museums at Night events, the ‘1951 Vintage Night’ and ‘Chalk or Cheese?’.
- Thursday 23rd July 2020
- Thursday 17th September 2020
For my information on how to join, please contact the Learning Officer Rhea Douglas at email@example.com.