Cross-curricular workshops widening access to Higher Education
We are delighted to provide bespoke virtual workshops free of charge, to our target schools, linking higher education and exploration of The MERL and University special collections. These cover a wide range of options to suit different interests and learning styles offering cross-curricular learning links to support a range of KS1 to KS5 subjects. For more information on target schools or to book a workshop please see below.
- Art and Design
- Food and Nutrition
- Design Technology – Timbers – Explore The MERL’s collection of wagons and farm machinery.
- Gender stereotypes in the world of work – Explore the role of the Women’s Land Army in rural Britain.
- Food and Nutrition – Food Security; explore the concept of ‘British Food’; innovations in food waste.
- Careers in the Heritage Sector (suitable for virtual careers fairs and events).
- Introduces students to the Museum of English Rural Life and our collections.
- Encourages students to start investigating different careers and develop capacity to navigate higher education and graduate employment.
- Provides exposure to a range of different careers which can link to particular subjects, developing students’ understanding by contextualising subject knowledge.
Bookings and Enquiries
For enquiries and to book, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0118 378 8660.