Evacuee Experience in the Countryside
Online: £30 (45 minute session)
**Special Offer: Book an online session by February half term and get a second online session for your school for free. Virtual sessions can be arranged for any time in 2021 and can be mix and match.**
Onsite: £100 (1.5 hour session)
This session is designed to help children learn about the experience of evacuees in World War 2. Children will have the opportunity to explore wartime rationing, through object investigation and first hand accounts from people who were evacuated as children.
This is an engaging and informative session that gives children an immersive learning experience.
NOTES FOR TEACHERS:
- Suitable for Key Stage 2
- Adaptable to Key Stage 1
- Investigate real objects from the period
- Changes within living memory
- Aspects of change in national life
- A local history study
- A study over time tracing how several aspects of national history are reflected in the locality.
- Changing aspects of social history.
- Introduces students to The Museum of English Rural Life and our collections
- Enables students to explore and increase understanding of what it was like to be a child living in the countryside in the past in a time of national significance.