Hunter, Herbert (agricultural historian)
Reference: D77/26Date: 1920s-1970sExtent: 3 boxes
The Herbert Hunter collection contains:
- degree certificates for Herbert Hunter 1924-1925
- printed appeal leaflets published in Cambridge during the General Strike 1926
- contract of employment 1934
- correspondence regarding Hunter’s proposed visit to Russia 1939
- papers regarding Herbert Hunter’s proposed appointment as Agricultural attache at the British Embassy, Moscow 1942-1944
- papers relating to the National Institute of Agricultural Botany 1952-1956
- obituaries of Herbert Hunter 1959
- letters of sympathy received following the death of Herbert Hunter 1959-1960
- biographical accounts of Herbert Hunter [1950’s]-1977
- biographical accounts compiled by Herbert Hunter concerning colleagues and acquaintances 1920-1956
- papers relating to the presentation of the papers of Dr Herbert Hunter to the Institute of Agricultural History 1977
- correspondence from W S Gosset concerning research 1909-1910
- correspondence regarding Hunter’s responsibility for developing the barley variety Spratt-Archer 1927
- correspondence between Hunter and E S Beaven 1926-1941
- correspondence with Hans Halbaek 1951-1952
- correspondence from Vilho Pesola 1952
- research notebooks and papers 1898-1957
- newspaper cuttings and extracts 1920-1959
- typescript translaion of On the Genetic Nature of Winter and Spring Barieties of Plants by N I Vavilox and E S Kouznetsov [1920s]
- collection of Hunter’s published works and manuscripts 1924 -1952
- offprints of works by Hunter 1938-1957
- typescripts for lectures 1944-1959
- letter from PR Colegate, NIAB to Miss M Hunter regarding bibliography of papers by Hunter 1976
- A full description is available on our online database.
- A full handlist for the collection can be found here.
Looking for a specific item?
We are regularly updating the collections that we publish on our website but if you are after something specific that you can't find online, then drop by for a visit or feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you.