Horticultural Education Association
Reference: SR MS1096, SR 2MS1096, SR 3MS1096Date: 1905-1988Extent: unknown
The Horticultural Education Association (HEA) was formed in 1905, by county horticultural advisors. The HEA became part of the Institute of Horticulture in 1984.
- Minutes of Annual General Meetings 1931-1942
- Minutes of council meetings 1936-1962
- Reports of Annual General Meetings 1925-1931
- Reports of conferences and papers read 1919-1925
- Correspondence relating to the early history of the Association 1915-1944
- Correspondence, rules, lists of members, memoranda 1913-1954
- Minutes 1908-1924
- Correspondence and reports of meetings 1915-1928
- Biographical note on W B Little c1960
- Newsletter 1965-1968
- Correspondence relating to meetings held at Long Ashton and to the Spring conference, Channel Islands conference 1922-1962
- Papers relating to the craftsmanship course, Pershore Institute of Horticulture 1960
- Correspondence relating to an article by A D Turner on Strawberry growing in the Cheddar area 1962-1963
- Insurance 1936-1940
- Correspondence relating to investments 1950-1962
- Correspondence and other papers relating to membership 1961
- Correspondence relating to accounts 1950-1962
- Printed reports and proceedings 1943-1953
- Other books and papers printed by the Association 1911-1964
The collection is split across three deposits of material.
- A full description is available on our online database: SR MS1096, SR 2MS1096, SR 3MS1096
- Full handlists for each deposit of the collection can be found here: SR MS1096, SR 2MS1096, SR 3MS1096
Looking for a specific item?
We are regularly updating the collections that we publish on our website but if you are after something specific that you can't find online, then drop by for a visit or feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you.