The Museum of English Rural Life holds a range of objects and artworks relating to community life. Within this category are objects that represent:
- Agricultural showing (judges badges, prizes, medals)
- Cultural amenities, entertainment and sport (sports equipment, film posters, )
- Communications and currency (coins)
- Cultural traditions (Morris dancers costume)
- Education (Studley college memorabilia, certificates)
- Organisations (friendly society poles, fire marks)
- Regulation and control (firefighting paraphernalia)
- Warfare and defence (Women’s Land Army memorabilia)
- Welfare and wellbeing (first aid kits, medicine and medical equipment)
The objects are catalogued on the online database.
Looking for a specific item?
We are regularly updating the collections that we publish on our website but if you are after something specific that you can't find online, then drop by for a visit or feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you.