- This event has passed.
WOOL: A MERL LATE
A warming winter Late to celebrate everything wonderful about wool
JOIN US FOR A LIVELY EVENING OF DRINKS, LIVE MUSIC, ACTIVITIES AND TALKS ON THE THEME OF WOOL!
Book in advance via Eventbrite or buy on the door (subject to availability)
£4 in advance (£3 students and concessions) / £5 (£3.75) on the door
Please note this event is suitable for ages 18+ only
LIVE MUSIC FROM AMBER & THE PROFESSORS – COCKTAILS BY MILK READING – SILENT DISCO
- ‘Wear your wool’ – check your labels and see how high you can go with your % wool content!
- ‘Cheese & Yarn’ tasting by The Grumpy Goat and Felicity Ford
- Learn to knit with the Mewes Knitters & see their creations in our Shepherd’s Hut
- Discover wool-related archives & objects from our collections
- A Woolly Wedding display by Felicity Ford
- Try wool crafts – make a felted ball and have a go with a drop spindle
- Craft demonstration by the Berkshire Guild of Spinners, Weavers and Dyers
- Wool-themed gallery trail – win a £10 MERL shop voucher!
- Explore sheep and shepherding collections with our Object Handling volunteers
- Meet jelly artists Suzanne Stallard and Emma Bradbury to learn about designing using wool
More MERL Lates