- This event has passed.
SUMMER HOLIDAYS AT THE MERL
Fun, free activities for all the family
VISIT THE MUSEUM DURING THE SUMMER HOLIDAYS FOR TRAILS, OBJECT HANDLING AND ACTIVITIES – INDOORS & OUTSIDE
- Visit our galleries during your holidays and discover the exciting displays and interactive games
- Try out our Rat and Rodent Trail
- Drop in and enjoy our new Virtual vs. Reality sessions every Tuesday morning in the holidays, 11am to 1pm
- Free Make and Take activities
- Have a go at making a brass rubbing of the farming cycle or animal trail (occasionally the Learning Studio is in use and farming cycle activity is unavailable)
- Try on our new costumes, inspired by The MERL’s farming and countryside photographic collections
- Discover the Shepherd’s Hut in the garden, full of beautiful knitted decorations and animals to play with, all created by the Mewes Knitters
- Play with our games and toys, including a fabulous model farm in the welcome area
- Play outside in our wonderful garden which now includes a fabulous wooden play-on tractor
- Meet the MERL chickens at home in their henhouse
Enjoy a selection of hot and cold drinks, cakes, sandwiches and snacks from our cafe.
You are welcome to bring a picnic to enjoy in the garden. Picnic benches are available or bring a picnic mat and sit on the lovely, big lawn!
Please note that the museum’s car park can fill up quickly at busy times. Parking is also available in the University car park on Acacia Road, adjacent to the museum. Please collect a permit from reception on arrival.
We encourage visitors to use public transport wherever possible. Please visit our Getting Here page for details.
More summer events and workshops at The MERL
Find out more about our programme of bookable and drop-in events and workshops