SUMMER HOLIDAYS AT THE MERL
Fun, free activities for all the family
VISIT THE MUSEUM DURING THE SUMMER HOLIDAYS FOR TRAILS, OBJECT HANDLING AND ACTIVITIES – INDOORS & OUTSIDE
- Visit our galleries during your holidays and discover the exciting new displays and interactive games
- Try out our Rat and Rodent Trail
- Get your hands on real museum objects with our Object Handling volunteers*
- Free Make and Take activities
- Have a go at making a brass rubbing of the farming cycle*
- Try on our new costumes, inspired by The MERL’s farming and countryside photographic collections
- Discover the Shepherd’s Hut in the garden, full of beautiful knitted decorations and animals to play with, all created by the Mewes Knitters
- Play with our games and toys, including a fabulous model farm in the welcome area
- Play outside in our wonderful garden which now includes a fabulous wooden play-on tractor
* times will be published soon
Enjoy a selection of drinks and snacks from our refreshments area. Sandwiches and snacks will be available throughout the holidays.
You are welcome to bring a picnic to enjoy in the garden. Picnic benches are available or bring a picnic mat and sit on the lovely, big lawn!
Please note that the museum’s car park can fill up quickly at busy times. Parking is also available in the University car park on Acacia Road, adjacent to the museum. Please collect a permit from reception on arrival.
We encourage visitors to use public transport wherever possible. Please visit our Getting Here page for details.