FEBRUARY HALF TERM AT THE MERL
COME AND VISIT THE NEW GALLERIES, ENJOY TRAILS AND HAVE A GO AT OBJECT HANDLING
VISIT THE MUSEUM DURING THE HOLIDAYS FOR TRAILS, OBJECT HANDLING AND ACTIVITIES
- Visit the new galleries during your holidays and discover the exciting new displays and interactive games
- Try out our Rat and Rodent Trail
- Get your hands on real museum objects with our Object Handling volunteers (check back for dates/times)
- Free Make and Take activities
- Have a go at making a brass rubbing of the farming cycle*
- Try on our new costumes, inspired by The MERL’s farming and countryside photographic collections
- Play with our games and toys, including a fabulous model farm in the welcome area
- Discover the Shepherd’s Hut in the garden, full of beautiful knitted decorations and animals to play with, all created by the Mewes Knitters
- Have a go at the new outdoor woodland brass rubbing trail
- Have fun on the fabulous wooden play-on tractor & wagon
* This activity will not be available on Tues 19 Feb – Fri 22 Feb due to other events taking place in the Learning Studio
Enjoy a selection of drinks and snacks from our refreshments area. Sandwiches and snacks will be available throughout the holidays.
You are welcome to bring a picnic to enjoy in the garden. Picnic benches are available or bring a picnic mat and sit on the lovely, big lawn!
Please note that the museum’s car park can fill up quickly at busy times. Parking is also available in the University car park on Acacia Road, adjacent to the museum. Please collect a permit from reception on arrival if parking in Acacia Road car park.
We encourage visitors to use public transport wherever possible. Please visit our Getting Here page for details.
Do you love visiting the MERL with your children? We’d love you to vote for us in the Little Ankle Biters 2019 Berkshire Awards. We’re up for Best Museum!
(Closing date Monday 18th Feb ’19)