- This event has passed.
Family workshop: Totally Tote Bags
Part of MERL Fashion Week
As part of MERL Fashion Week, Join members of the engagement and collections teams from The MERL to learn about the history of sewing machines, the impact of fast fashion and a chance to then make and decorate your own tote bag.
At this workshop you will have chance to:
- Learn more about the Barnett Sewing Machine Project
- Enjoy a fun Fast fashion quiz
- Have a look at our current exhibition, Sew What?
- See an old sewing machine
- Design, make and decorate your own tote bag
- Suitable for children aged 9+
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
Funded by the Barnett project.