|Categories||Collecting Rural England|
|Theme(s)||Farming and agriculture|
This Ferguson Tractor was found a mess on a scrapheap by a retired teacher at RycoteWood College. He enlisted the help of students at the college to lovingly repair and restore the tractor to working condition and was afterwards bought by the Museum with the help of the Science Museum.
The tractor was probably manufactured in 1948 and is one of the earliest types built by the Standard Motor Company at their Banner Lane plant in Coventry.