- This event has passed.
Fun family event on the theme of poultry!
Join us for a day of fun games, craft activities, live music… and chickens!
- Live music from The Newtowners
- Meet the MERL chickens and their friends
- Meet poultry keepers – Members of the Reading & District Bantam Society will be showcasing their birds
- Egg and Spoon races
- Egg Rolling – decorate and egg and roll it the fastest to win a prize!
- Willow weaving with artist Julie Roberts – help create a willow chicken sculpture for the MERL garden!
- Activities with The Federation of Children’s book groups
- hourly storytelling sessions focused on chicken & poultry stories (12, 1, 2, 3)
- chicken themed trail round the garden, galleries & the Children’s Books display. Complete a trail and enter a prize draw to win some children’s books (draw at 3.30pm)
- Traditional ales from the West Berkshire Brewery
- Hot and cold drinks
- Cream teas
- Daisy’s the vintage ice-cream van – Marshfield ice-cream, Pimms popsicles, retro lollies, cupcakes and more!
- Bring a picnic!
Adults £4. Children (under 18s) FREE but tickets are required. National Art Pass tickets £2.
Booking recommended to avoid disappointment. Tickets available on the door subject to availability
We are grateful to The Poultry Club of Great Britain for their support with this event.
Organised in association with the Federation of Children’s Book Groups