The Museum of English Rural Life was founded by the University of Reading in 1951 to reflect and record the changing face of farming and the countryside. It houses Designated collections of national importance that span the full range of objects, archives, photographs, film and books. Today, it forms part of the University’s Museums and Collections Service. The Museum operates as a major resource and research centre for the history of food, farming and the countryside with links into the School of History and other academic departments at the University.
This archive contains a range of ephemera and documentation related to the history of the Museum, its operations, exhibitions and photographs.
A full handlist for the collection can be found here.