Facilities and access
- The Museum is fully accessible with a step free entrance with automatic door and lifts for all stairs. There is also step-free access to the Reading Room
- An adult-sized wheelchair for free loan during your visit
- Induction loop in the Earley Charity Learning Studio
- Portable seating for use in the galleries
- Disabled visitor parking
- Fully accessible toilets
- Assistance dogs welcome
- We do not currently offer large-type booklets of our gallery interpretation or audio guides, but we are working to make these available soon
The Museum of English Rural Life is accessible to a wide range of visitors and we always strive to meet the access needs of everyone who visits us. If you have a specific need which you would like to ask us about, please contact us.
We encourage visitors to travel by foot, bike and public transport wherever possible.