- This event has passed.
HALF TERM HOLIDAYS AT THE MERL
COME AND VISIT THE MUSEUM AND ENJOY ACTIVITIES IN THE GALLERIES AND GARDEN
VISIT THE MUSEUM THIS FEBRUARY HALF TERM FOR TRAILS, ACTIVITY PACKS, OBJECT EXPLORATION SESSIONS AND MORE
- Try out our Rats and Dairy trail
- Book tickets for free family object exploration sessions on 25 February
- Discover the Winter Family Activity Pack for children aged 5+ (£4 per pack)
- Have a go at our Fledglings Activity Pack for children under 5 (£2 per pack, ask at the museum shop)
- Book tickets for our special Museums, My Way session for neurodiverse visitors on 21 February
- Have a go at a variety of garden trails including our woodland brass rubbing trail*
- Have fun on the fabulous play tractor and wagon*
- Meet The MERL chickens at home in their henhouse*
- Check out our wide variety of online activities and resources
*Please note that following Storm Eunice on Friday 18th February, The MERL garden will be closed this weekend until it can be assessed for damage by our Estates team on Monday morning.
Enjoy a selection of hot and cold drinks, sandwiches and snacks from our cafe.
You are welcome to bring a picnic to enjoy in the garden. Picnic benches are available or bring a picnic mat and sit on the lovely, big lawn!
Please note that the museum’s car park can fill up quickly at busy times. Parking is also available in the University car park on Acacia Road, adjacent to the museum. Please collect a permit from reception on arrival if parking in Acacia Road car park.
Please visit our Getting Here page for more details.
Families love The MERL
We are delighted to announce that we are a finalist in the Berkshire Little Ankle Biters Awards 2022! If you love visiting The MERL, please vote for us before 11th March!
The MERL won the award for Best Museum for families in the 2019 and 2021 Little Ankle Biters Berkshire Awards!
Thank you to all our visitors who voted for us and for your ongoing support.