The MERL in film
To celebrate the redevelopment of the Museum we are running a film competition this Autumn, supported by the University’s Department of Film, Theatre and Television. We’re inviting budding film makers to create a short film inspired by our collections.
Individuals and groups are invited to submit a film in HD based on one of the themes below:
- Arts and Crafts
- Farming and Agriculture
- Food and Nutrition
- Weather and Environment
- Local History
- A theme of your choice
- Reading-based community group
- Independent amateur over 25
- Films must be between 3-6 minutes in length
- Your short film must be original film content and inspired by the MERL collections
- Any device capable of filming in High Definition (1080p) is suitable, i.e. most current smarphones, a digital camera with video capabilities or a video camera
- Your movie should be in High Definition (HD) and in a standard format, i.e. .avi, .mkv, .mp4, .mov, .mpg, .wmv.